ChinaGeeks advertisers enjoy direct access to a niche market of China analysts, students, watchers, and enthusiasts. As a well-respected blog that has been mentioned and linked by a variety of mainstream media publications, you can be sure that your brand name is safe here.
- Sidebar Top: 160 x 160 square advertisement, appears on every post and page including the home page.
- Sidebar Middle: 160 x 160 square advertisement, appears on every post and page including the home page.
- In-Text Middle: 450 x 60 rectangular banner that appears in the middle of every new post for a month, or in specific posts of the advertiser’s choice.
- In-Text End: 450 x 60 rectangular banner that appears at the end of every new post for a month, or in specific posts of the advertiser’s choice.
Statistics (per month, average)
Based on Google Analytics data from the past 6 months.
- Unique Visits/month: ~20,000
- Page views/month: ~35,000-45,000
- RSS subscribers: at least 1,000*
- Email subscribers: 3,100+
*We were forced by our host to shut down our RSS tracking for a while, this is a very conservative estimate based on previous Feedburner readings.
Based on Google analytics data from the past six months and a reader survey conducted in June 2011.
- Gender: About 78% of ChinaGeeks readers are male.
- Age: ChinaGeeks readers are young, with 64% of the readership self-reporting they are between the ages of 21-30.
- Education: Almost 100% of readers have at least a bachelors’ degree, and 44% of readers hold more advanced degrees.
- Languages: 76% of ChinaGeeks readers speak Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) in addition to English
- Location: We have readers in nearly every country, but the top three are (in this order): USA, China, Canada.
- Income: About half of respondents reported annual household incomes of above $35,000 US. 19% said their annual household income is above $100,000/year.
- Purchasing habits: 23% said they buy China-related products such as books and films “very frequently.” 30% said they purchase such products “somewhat frequently.” 29% percent chose “sometimes,” and only 4% said they never bought China-related products.
- Feelings about advertisers: 63% said they would consider purchasing China-related products if they were advertised on ChinaGeeks.
For a price quote, please specify a type of advertisement as well as the time period you’re interested in advertising for. Additionally, please include some basic details about your company and the content of your proposed advertisement.
We can accept payments in USD or RMB (CNY) only. We also will occasionally accept payment in trade, depending on what your company does.
Please send advertising queries to custerc (at) chinageeks.org